Monday, February 16, 2009

Babymoon Thoughts

Thoughts coming home from our babymoon at Christopher’s Woodlands B&B:


Flowers have a divine ability to lighten your spirit. Thanks babe for my roses. I loved the colors especially.

Being away from my children for short periods of time makes me want and wish to be with them again and refreshes my delight over them.

The one thing I will look forward to after this pregnancy is not having that light-headed numbness in my body, as if I can’t locate where my circulation is being cut off.

Eggs benedict with potatoes and fresh juice really is the best surprise Jason and I could have for breakfast.

I think now I want a king sized bed, although I don’t like not being able to find Jason in the middle of the night.

Jason and I are addicted to white noise permanently now. I prefer absolute quiet but if I hear any footsteps or car engines (or especially the darn pigeons that perch on our roof) or anything else, I’d prefer a really loud fan. I even brought our sound machine on our trip but the bathroom fan was like a jet engine, so it was literally on the entire 24 hours we were here.

Footstools are a very cool addition to a set of chairs to read in. I think I like them more than ottomans.

When Jason and I get away to relax, instead of having a lot of energy, I think our body realizes it gets to chill and we both get very sleepy – a sensation like we’ve been in a hot sauna for an hour and can’t lift our heavy limbs. I always want to be awake and read and write, etc on trips like this but inevitably every time I take a long drowsy nap and go to bed early.

It’s amazingly unbelievable how hard you work as a parent. I don’t realize it until I have a weekend like this with nothing to do on the agenda and remember that our lives used to be like this every single weekend (if we chose) when we were married without kids.

My spirit needs retreats.

In six weeks I am going to have three kids. THREE kids. Still can’t believe that. When I just turned 28 and longed for a baby and never thought I’d get to have one before I was 30, I would have never imagined having three at that age. 30 with 3 kids. Two girls and one boy. All under age two. THREE kids.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm so glad you guys got to get away. I wasn't sure exactly when you were going but prayed for your time a few different times when I though about y'all.

King size beds are amazing for marriage, but you have to be that much more intentional about marriage.

I want eggs benedict right now.

I can't sleep without a noise machine now either, thanks kids.

Nick and I do the same when we get away - have grand intentions and then just pass out with our books in our laps.

Between the two of us, we will have six. Between you and me and kal, we will have eight. There were days when we all talked about the women's ministry we'd do together one day - I don't think we saw this coming, and I think I like this better.

Shawn said...

Hi Kelly. Posting a comment. Glad your trip was nice.

jasonbradley said...

Love - loved the post. Agreed and related to all you had to say. I love you and am proud of you!

PS. I can't believe we're about to be a family of 5 either! 3 kids! Wow! God is so generous.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend.

If it was just Mark and I, I think I'd be happy with a queen size bed. But when the boys climb in, as they often do early in the morning, I definitely dream of a king size bed.

Kara said...

3 kids! I'm excited for you.