Monday, February 23, 2009

A wedged prego, a danish, and more from this week

Grace mystified us yet again with her eating by deciding she liked GREEN BEANS and totally giving us the “I’d rather starve until my next meal” look at a sweet danish. That’s pretty good proof that if I go crazy in this process of feeding her, there are good reasons why.

I was reminded this week of a funny thing about my sweet boy Jason. He has no idea HOW to whisper. It’s not that he doesn’t want to. I really think he doesn’t know how to do it! I usually laugh about this every few weeks in church when I am shushing him during the service repeatedly.

Kanah is getting little phrases down for words that we usually say together like “lamb-y and blanket,” “mama and dada,” etc. She’s suddenly in the past couple of weeks using two word phrases like crazy. One of my favorites was about a week or so ago when Grace was banging on a kids’ table in our living room and from across the room Kanah yelled “farful dace!!!” which means “careful grace!” So cute.

Random thought from this week. On Sunday my pastor was talking about the sixties and it hit me: The sixties were almost FIFTY years ago! Isn’t that strange???

Skinny minny Gracie bear has stretched just tall enough now that she can reach door handles. She’s a little thing but she’s getting some length on her and now loves to open and close doors all the time. I feel another trip to Babies R Us coming on!

And for the last look at my week...today I went to a doctor’s appointment and came across a great space in the parking lot by the elevator. It was between two cars already parked and was labeled “compact.” I usually ignore that warning and it’s usually okay. As I pull in to a compact on any regular non-34-week-pregnancy-day I can usually size up the tight space I will have to open my door and feel okay about it. Today however I must have been thinking of another version of myself because I pulled in, opened the door to see I’d have about 8 inches to slide through and thrust myself through that space. Yes, you can guess. I got wedged in. And there was no twisting or turning to get through because at every angle I am huge right now. And there’s no sucking in either! Anyhow, eventually, without causing any damage thankfully I wiggled through. But I kept wondering who might be laughing at me up through the building windows – I would be if I saw a prego wedged between two cars!!

Those are the highlights. I think I’ll keep this up every week – it’s a good way to start my writing nights.

3 comments:

kalle said...

oooh i lOVE these updates.

jasonbradley said...

Hilarious. I especially loved the one on you getting stuck. And one of the funny things about Kanah's new phrases is that she says "Mammy y Banket" instead of Lamby and Blanket. She uses "y" like she is speaking Spanish.

And for the record, try whispering over the worship music at MH. You just try. And also for the record I don't love being shushed at. Not my favorite.

I DO love you though.

leta flowers said...

Ha- and ha- and ha again! You have such a cute wayu of looking at things! I laughed at the green beans, and the wedging, and then Jason made me laugh again!(twice)Fun updates!!!