Monday, March 9, 2009

Lots of TV, blasted Elmo and so on

The past ten days or so we've been sick, unavailable, and completely inundated (spelling?) with that illness known as Cabin Fever. That's the backdrop for my "looks at my week"...

1. The word of the week for the girls was hands down: "show". I decided TV was our friend this week and was going to keep us all happy and kind to each other. Judge away. I am so okay with it. I even busted out the boppy seat from when the girls were just baby lumps and they took turns crawling up into it with their "essentials" as I call them (their stuffed animals and blankets) to watch a "show." They also learned to say "tv on" and "tv off." SEE? Lots of learning this week! :)

2. Maybe it was all the tv that got me thinking - my goodness I need to be doing some worship time with them like I said I have been wanting to do. So we've been doing a few songs this week like "This Little Light of Mine" and "Jesus Loves Me" with sign language and the girls are veeery into it. I also do Jesus Loves Me every night now with our bedtime routine and sign it with their hands and they just smile and at the end tap their finger tips together and say "moi" (more).

3. My most appreciative moment in the past week (next to reeaallly appreciating jessi, kalle, annie, karla and sondra for putting on/helping with my shower...) was getting two care packages in the mail from great friends Jamie and Courtney. Thanks for loving on our "dittle man!"

4. Our baby boy is due in THREE WEEKS. March 30th. Yes. Crazy town. Baby boy's room is not done at all but the planning is! We purchased the Payton bedding from Pottery Barn Kids on clearance (see pic!) and are planning on painting the walls in navy while leaving the bottom chair rail part white. I also would love to stencil some scripture on the wall. HOW DO I DO THAT? Any ideas?


5. So because April will be written off in a way that I am totally given to baby love, I need to plan the girls birthday now. I am torn between a few themes. ONE: Elmo. I really really really don't want to do an Elmo birthday party but maybe that's why I should. The girls wig out when they see him and I totally just don't get it. TWO: Lambs and Elephants. I know, weird combo! But that's the girls favorite stuffed animals and this year has been all about "lamby and ella" so it kiiiind of works. THREE: Jungle. The girls looove animals and animal sounds and we just did their bathroom in jungle and they are very about it. FOUR: Bears. Karla made them a bear quilt a while back and ever since they love bear stuffed animals and even just how they say bear with that broken sounding "r" on the end is cute. Want to VOTE? If you vote, tell me why. Otherwise I'm not easily swayed.

6. I'm getting tired of sitting in this chair and feel extremely dehydrated so I will end with this...My favorite question of the week was from Jason last night when he asked me VEEEERY randomly, "What if your mom and my mom were in a band together?" Whaaaaat? Yes, read it again and think about the randomness. I was roaring. And especially when Jason started giving them instruments and adding other band members. Can you guess which ones and who else?...Karla (Jason's mom) was the lead singer which is so great b/c she is the most introverted person ever. Jason put my mom on guitar so that she could cock her head to the side like she does when she smiles in her pictures. Don't be offended mom! The other band members were my stepmom Pam who we put on keyboard - just believe me, it works. And her voice is just like someone who would be in a baptist gospel choir. And Pamela Pearce, Kalle's mom, also made it into the band (probably because she reminds us of my stepmom a lot) and she was playing the saxophone and it just really still seems to suit her in my head b/c she can be off doing her own fun riffs and stuff. Anyway, that's the mama band!

Okay, signing off to go do some real writing...

7 comments:

Pinkie Winkie said...

Elmo! It will be easiest since there is a ton of stuff for an Elmo party. But really because all two year olds love him and the girls will love the party so much!

OR do lambs and elephants becasue I'm sure Lucas will be having an Elmo bday party too and I know we would never have a lamb/elephant party so you're not stealing my thunder with that theme! HA! :)

Kara said...

I saw a website once where you could order custom wall stickers - and it included words. My friend ordered the scripture "I knew you before you were knitted in the womb" etc.
Here is the website - http://dalidecals.com/Quotes-Phrases-Saying-Custom-Wall-Decals-Wall-Stickers/

Kara said...

Oh also Etsy.com has them - search for wall stickers and some of the vendors do custom work.

Also, http://www.wallpraise.com/

Anonymous said...

You could also check out www.etsy.com for wall stickers with scripture. Some artists - like http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5988949 - will make custom designs so you could have whatever verse you want.

Maybe we should do that in Zephan's room too...

On etsy there's also a section called "alchemy" where you can invite artists to bid for your project. So if you want some sort of art on the wall with a certain verse, you could throw that out and see what creative people come up with.

leta flowers said...

Tell Karla I am ready to start practicing in her garage when I get there!

kellybollman said...

HEY! i hope you check this! :)
wanted to ask permission to read one of your old blog posts at a women's retreat. It's the "Do Not Hold Back" post.
Let me know!
Thanks!!
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I read this post like two weeks ago but the line...

"Judge away. I am so okay with it."

...is still running through my head. I LOVE it! Love it.