Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Following a Ghost

Marriage is the most upfront, continual, ever-present tool God uses to change me. I'm sure the same for you, if you're married. It actually boggles my heart to understand how I could be anything similar to who I am now without having marriage to refine me, build me up, expose me, and bless me. I read most of Sacred Marriage recently with my sweet new sister in law and I didn't finish it but I keep coming across it when I look in my stack of books, when I am talking with other women and when I think about our Bible study ladies. If something is haunting me, it could possibly be the Holy "Ghost" and in this case I'm sure it is. Sacred Marriage, by Gary Thomas, has been the most significantly revealing marriage book for me in this season of my marriage to help me understand my expectations and how to continually let the Lord turn my eyes back on him as well as my own sin. I'm going to study one chapter a week and post my thoughts on here. Probably on Fridays just to keep it consistent. Follow along. Read along. Post your comments. Or just skim if it's boring. But with the "Ghost" on my heels, I'm seeking the Father, yet again, on what he would have me learn through my marriage.

No comments: