Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chocolates to support Red Cross in Haiti


My sweet neighbors Anya and Dorian are making chocolates in adorable brown boxes to sell for Valentines (and even after) for $7, with the proceeds going to Red Cross in Haiti. If you live near me and would like to buy one, they can be bought with cash or check (written out to Red Cross) and you can either pick them up at my home (with notice) or I can work out some kind of delivery. They are a great idea for a little love on Valentines for a spouse, friend, mother, daughter, Sunday school teacher, or just someone who needs a lift. Check out the pics and let me know if you'd like one! You don't have to order by Valentines, that was just an idea since tis the season. I think this is a great, creative idea and it reminds me of a muuuuch smaller scale of what Bono's RED concept is about: you're going to buy things anyway, so you might as well buy something where someone in need is also going to benefit from your purchase. Pretty amazing, practical concept. Contact me at kellyccowan@yahoo.com for an order. Thanks!
Kelly Cowan

1 comment:

Pinkie Winkie said...

Love it! We're going door-to-door tonight in our neighborhood to sell candy bars for $2 with 100% of the money going to the Baptist Haiti mission. (Our MC donated the candy bars).